Info re Mt. Washington fire from NH State Fire Marshal Office

Forward of an e-mail I got from the NH State Fire Marshal Office

I spoke to my colleague, Investigator Pete Poulsen, today who took the
1-1/2 hr ride to the top in a sno-cat yesterday to investigate the fire.
For obvious reasons, there is nothing suspicious about the fire at this
time. (Who in their right mind would hike up there in the middle of the
night and try to do that?) Two buildings were destroyed. When I say
destroyed, I mean completely destroyed. Imagine your basic run-of-the-mill
structure fire and the energy associated with it. Now add a 50+ mph wind.
Needless to say, it did not take long from open flame until flame out. The
buildings housed the generators that provided all of the electricity for
the
mountain top and also lots of expensive transmitter equipment. WMTW,
Channel 8 has not been transmitting from Mt. Washington for a while now
and
had turned over their equipment to the State of NH. Troop F is effectively
off the air north of the notch. They have the Cannon site still up and
running. However Tenney is now off the air because it received a Microwave
link from Washington. State Police's equipment was not affected by the
fire, however, they are needing electricity. They were going to try to get
replacement generators up the mountain today. Haven't heard how successful
they were. Sno-cats are not big enough or strong enough for the job.
Bulldozers would be the preferred method. Can you share the pictures?

NOTE: 2 photos posted at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NewHampshireScanner/

Thanks
Rob Farley