Re: WBLM(was:Re: WHOM back on Lewiston Freq. as of 6:45 PM

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Cooper Fox wrote:

> Speaking of people being off the air...  Any idea why
> WBLM has been off the past couple mornings at aroung
> 3:30 to 4 AM?  I am at a point where it is normally
> staticy so I can't really tell if there is carrier or
> not.

Seems like an odd time for transmitter maitenence, considering that is
when Ron brown is doing his 3 O'Clock break......but I imagine that is
probably what it is if they are off at those specific times.......

I was fortunate enough to be the overnight guy working when WKIT went down
one night to upgrade to a digital signal being sent to the
transmitter.....this was during the Anthrax scare. Someone called up
completely paranoid that we had Anthrax in the station. Of course, keep in
mind, the station IS owned by Stephen King. His reply was this:

"Stephen King has scared a lot of people, I bet someone wants to scare
him! "

I could not convince the guy that we were down for scheduled transmitter
upgrades.......when we were back on the air he called up overjoyed.

Jeremy