Re: MOUNT WASHINGTON BURNS

Jeremy Mixer writes:
> There have been a lot of emails about this fire, and I read them very
> quickly...... now someone made some comment about the fire being set
> by someone? Is this true? Does anyone have any clue as to the cause
> of the fire?
>
> Scott Fybush pointed out the many things that were affected by this
> fire. In addition as to what one person described as the station with
> the most coverage in the United States.... plus some important
> government communications equipment.
>
> At the same time, there is a high terror alert......
>
> Interesting to think about.......I know it's kinda a long shot.......

The first thing I thought about as well is that this, believe it or not,
does have some regional (if not national) security implications.

That being said, I doubt any random wannabe-terrorist would have the
fortitude (or survival skills) needed to get up there. If it took a Snow-Cat
to remove the people in the observatory, I would imagine it took similar
transportation to get to the transmitter building. Wouldn't that rule out
arson for the most part?