Fwd: Re: WCVB Blizzard of '78 Special

 From Donna

-----Original Message-----
From: Donna Halper <dlh@donnahalper.com>
To: Kevin Vahey <k-vahey@attbi.com>
Subject: Re: WCVB Blizzard of '78 Special
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2003 13:38:12 -0500

Kevin, could you forward this to the list, which for some reason, is
rejecting my messages as spam???

Am I the only one who has noticed that when the meteorologists were
drastically WRONG this time around, there was no hype from any of the
local stations, and little explanation either? One of my pet peeves (oh
Bruce, we miss you-- you got it right more often than not!) is when
stations make it sound like the blizzard of all time is coming our way
and we only get 2 inches. This time, it was the opposite-- we were told
there would only be about 2-3 inches in Boston, yet it ended up with
about a foot, and everybody I watched totally downplayed the mistake,
concentrating on the usual silly "reporter out in the snow" stand-ups...
How could our very reputable meteorologists be so far off with all the
sophisticated equipment they have?