Re: Comcast/AT&T Cable TV 3 Dumps Local Newscasts

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003 17:15:27 -0500 "Dan Billings"
<billings@suscom-maine.net>  The major reason that I haven't switched is
that in my area, the
> local
> broadcast channels are still not available on the dish.  I could put
> up an
> antenna and a switcher but that's a pain and won't work well for
> taping TV
> shows when I'm not home or watching something else.  I'm sure that I
> could
> figure something out but I also get a break on my internet service
> since I
> have digital cable so the savings from a switch would not be much.
>
> -- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine

Apologies for digging up old topics, I have just found a temporary way to
access my email from home while waiting for Verizon to show up on the
18th.
There are only a couple of reasons I have not gone to the bird, first I
am one of those people and so is my wife, that enjoys watching city
council meetings on public access, something that we would lose on the
bird.  The second, and I think we have discussed this briefly on this
list, is the reliability factor during weather.
df