From: owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
[mailto:owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org] On Behalf Of Dave
Faneuf
Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2003 8:25 PM
To: aread@speakeasy.net
Cc: billo@shoreham.net; boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
Subject: Re:Re:Network News

---------- Aaron Read <aread@speakeasy.net> writes:
>I'm not sure I believe those websites there, Dave.  Not that I don't
>believe the numbers...but what do they mean?   For example, a lot of
>NPR
>stations carry a fair amount of NPR programming - several hours' >worth
-over a 24 hour period.   Whereas a station that airs a dozen >five
minute
>news updates from CNN each day could be called an affiliate...even
>though
>they're only carrying a pittance of programming.

Dave writes:
That's why I prefaced my posting with "if you believe their websites".
The thing I found most interesting that I was not aware of was the CNN
mention of Arbitron measuring 31 networks.  Anyone have access to those
numbers?
df