Re: Techinical Problems at WCSH

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joseph Pappalardo" <joepappalardo2001@yahoo.com>
To: "Dan Billings" <billings@suscom-maine.net>; "Boston Radio"
<boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Saturday, February 01, 2003 11:19 PM
Subject: Re: Techinical Problems at WCSH

> Since this was their LOCAL news...you would think the would simply "begin"
> when they got on the air...as opposed to joining 'in progress'.  Doesn't
> take much to get word to the newsroom that we are having tech difficulties
> and the begining of the news should be delayed.
>
> If they began their news at :09...they probably missed the top stories.

The LOCAL news is not really local.  It is on two stations:  WCSH in
Portland and WLBZ in Bangor.  As a result, they probably just hit a time
mark so both station can pick up the feed.  In this case, neither station
did.

They did miss the big stories.  They came into the middle of the last story
before the first break.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine