Re: Old Channel 5 tower

>I will submit this to the tower experts on the list. Why hasn't the old
>WHDH-TV tower in Newton ever been considered to ease the overcrowding on
>Channel 4's stick.

The old WHDH-TV tower is now better known as the FM-128 tower.  WCRB,
WBMX (or have they moved to the Candelabra?), WJMN, WBUR and WODS all
currently use it.

If you think about it, there are only three organizations using the
CBS tower - WBZ (which owns it), WCVB (which is right next door),
and WGBH.  It's just that, between the three of them, you have
four analog TV and up to four digital TV signals, plus one FM if
WGBH ever gets the go-ahead to move 89.7 over there.  Doesn't seem
to be much incentive for either of the tower's two non-owners to
move off of there, unless American Tower Corp. (FM-128's owner)
were to offer them a really sweet deal...

-Shawn Mamros
E-mail to: mamros@mit.edu