Re: Comcast/AT&T Cable TV 3 Dumps Local Newscasts

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill O'Neill" <billo@shoreham.net>
To: "Mark Watson" <markwats@attbi.com>; "Boston Radio Interest"
<boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2003 5:07 PM
Subject: RE: Comcast/AT&T Cable TV 3 Dumps Local Newscasts

> Does that leave any other reasons _not_ to flip to the bird from
> cable?

The major reason that I haven't switched is that in my area, the local
broadcast channels are still not available on the dish.  I could put up an
antenna and a switcher but that's a pain and won't work well for taping TV
shows when I'm not home or watching something else.  I'm sure that I could
figure something out but I also get a break on my internet service since I
have digital cable so the savings from a switch would not be much.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine