Re: Bruins vs. State of Union

<<On Thu, 30 Jan 2003 16:42:36 -0500, "rogerkirk" <rogerkirk@mail.ttlc.net> said:

> Which then asks the question - what system does/did WBZ use?

The FCC finally wised up and imposed a standard: Motorola C-QUAM.
Those stations left with Kahn equipment were required to turn it off,
although Kahn's POWERside system -- which can be implemented on the
same exciter -- remains legal.

Now, of course, we have IBOC, which is incompatible with both.  (Some
would suggest that it's incompatible with analog broadcasting
generally -- but to date there has not been any wide-scale testing of
the AM IBOC system so we can't say with a certainty who will be proven
right.)

-GAWollman