Re: I'm innocent I tell ya!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Aaron Read" <aread@speakeasy.net>
To: <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2003 2:05 PM
Subject: Re: I'm innocent I tell ya!

> Speaking of which...something I've been hearing a *lot* lately on the
> alternative news channels (Indymedia, Pacifica, etc)...and even a
> smattering on NPR as well...is that a lot of things in the USA Patriot Act
> turn the axioms I just mentioned on their head.   A lot of freedoms
> supposedly guaranteed in the bill of rights have been quietly nulled and
> voided in the name of fighting terrorism (esp. Fourth Amendment
> protections).    If I wasn't hearing it on NPR, I'd dismiss it as the
> ultra-liberals desperate to get listeners somehow...but left-leaning as it
> is, NPR doesn't make such statements lightly, even when they're only
> whispers at this point.

I've heard lots of ultra-liberal stuff on NPR!

This is getting off the subject, but the 4th Amendment only prevents
"unreasonable" search and seizures.  Lots of people, and nearly everyone in
Congress, believe that the Patriot Act is reasonable under the current
circumstances.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine