Re: BBC cutting news jobs

I would imagine maintaining the shortwave broadcasts (transmitter electricity, maintenance, labor-knowledge, etc) was costing at least a sizable amount**.

Whereas streaming on the web is relatively cheap, esp. if you know your audience size isn't too huge and you can budget streaming server licenses and bandwidth accordingly.

- Aaron

** then again, I don't know squat about shortwave transmitters, but I'd think you'd need something pretty powerful to reach across the Atlantic day and night.

Aaron "Bishop" Read   aread@speakeasy.net
www.friedbagels.com   AOL IM: ReadAaron
FriedBagels Consulting, Brighton, MA