Re: BBC cutting news jobs

On Sun, 26 Jan 2003, Garrett Wollman wrote:

> Only the BBC World Service is funded by politicians (an annual
> appropriation from the Foreign Office budget).

And I really wish they would find the braniac resposnible for cutting back
on Shortwave transmissions to North America and shoot him.

"you can listen via the Internet."  Yeah right....tell me that while I'm
hanging out in the park on a summer weekend. :P

--
Sven Franklyn Weil            "The needs of the many outweigh
<sven@gordsven.com>                      the needs of the few