Re: Entercom imposes contract on AFTRA

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 21:14:04 -0500 "Kevin Vahey" <k-vahey@attbi.com>
writes:
> I have been around long enough to see both sides of the union issue.
> am still bitter that over 30 years ago my union IBEW 1228 honored an
>
> AFTRA picket and 2 years later refused to honor ours.

Dave:
This has always been a sore spot with me, but all AFTRA contracts have a
no strike provision.  I don't know how it got in there but that is one of
the reasons the AFTRA-SAG merger did not go through.  Even when I was
working at SFR our contract at WODS would have forced us to cross a
picket line even if the AFTRA unit at WBZ went out on strike!