Re: Letter to the Editor Boston Globe, Jan 19th

----- Original Message -----
From: "SteveOrdinetz" <steveord@bit-net.com>
To: <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Sunday, January 19, 2003 3:29 PM
Subject: Re: Letter to the Editor Boston Globe, Jan 19th

> WBZ sure has been loaded with them lately.  Emu oil?  Gimme a break!  My
> guess is that many of these are PI ads, and are being used to partially
> offset traditionally low 1st quarter ad revenue.

I noticed that WGME-TV had paid programming on from 11:30 AM until 6:00 PM
today.

Infomercials don't bother me because I have cable and have plenty of
choices.  However, for those without cable, things are different.  From 1:00
PM until 2:00 PM today, 3 of the 6 commercial stations in the Portland
market were carrying paid programming.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine