From: owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
[mailto:owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org] On Behalf Of Bill
O'Neill
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2003 10:45 PM
To: Boston Radio Interest
Subject: 1903 - 2003

January 18, 1903 marks the day Marconi made this possible:

U.S. President Theodore Roosevelt broadcast, "To His Majesty, Edward
VII, London, England. In taking advantage of the wonderful triumph
of scientific research and ingenuity which has been achieved in
perfecting a system of wireless telegraphy, I extend on behalf of
the American people most cordial greetings and good wishes to you
and all the people of the British Empire."
Hours later, King Edward VII replied, "I thank you most sincerely
for the kind message which I have just received from you, through
Marconi's transatlantic wireless telegraphy."

Bill O'Neill