Re: WZON (was:Clear Channel cuts do include on air positions)

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003, SteveOrdinetz wrote:

> I believe that the switch to talk came right at the end of the first time
> King owned WZON.  I believe he sold it to some nonprofit organization who
> may have operated it under LMA for a year or so before they actually bought
> the station.  Not sure if they sold it to someone else who defaulted on the
> payments or if it was the group King sold it to who defaulted, but King got
> it back because of that (apparently he financed the sale).  I think once it

It's also interesting to not that, while I do not know a lot of the
details about the switchovers or the exact times when King owned what
stations, I do know that when he sold WZON, he retained the property that
the station was locatedon on outher Broadway in bangor. Mostly because
there is a rather decent sized clock of land between Broadway and Bangor
High School, and he did not want the land to be sold and developed.

I found that to be one of the most interesting facts about the sale
personally......

Jeremy