Re: Mark Jurkowitz and Globe on NPR Mideast Covergae

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 10:25:05 -0500 Aaron Read <aread@speakeasy.net>
writes:

> BTW, tell me again why WGBH hasn't been dragged through the mud like
> WBUR
> has?  They air Morning Edition and All Things Considered, too....as
> well as
> being the host for the BBC's "The World"?    I know WGBH isn't
> thought of
> as "news-y" a station as WBUR but it seems they ought to be held to
> at
> least the comparable standards if not the same punishment.

I think you answered your own question, WGBH isn't considered Newsy while
WBUR promotes itself as Boston's NPR News Station.  I saw what I
considered a better piece on this story the day before the Globe article
in one of the suburban papers,  but for the life of me I can't recall
which one, sorry
df