Re: Re:Clear Channel cuts do include on air positions

----- Original Message -----
From: "Cooper Fox" <fox893@yahoo.com>
To: "Dave Faneuf" <tklaundry@juno.com>; <billings@suscom-maine.net>
Cc: <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 9:49 PM
Subject: Re:Clear Channel cuts do include on air positions

> From what i have seen, Bangor is one of the most
> saturared markets in the new england area. I haven't
> actually counted but I would be that Bangor has nearly
> as many(if not more) stations as Burlington, VT does

Maine, in general, has too many radio stations.  The flood of new licenses
given out in the 1980s added a number of stations which were never
economically viable.  If it was not for the 1996 Telecommunications Act and
the resulting consolidation of the industry, I think a number of the more
marginal signals would now be dark.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine