Fwd: Cameo Appearance

DATE: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 14:21:28
From: "Laurence Glavin" <lglavin@lycos.com>
To: boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org

Every rating period, some station makes a "cameo" appearance
at least in the 12-and-over ratings.  Once in a while, it's even
WJIB-AM.  WUNR-AM 1600 has appeared there, and even W-H-RB-FM 95.3.
This time, it's Gloucester's WBOQ-FM 104.9.  Rronline.com
identified the format as "classical" (something they've done
with WNBH-AM 1340 in the Providence book).
WBOQ is almost all light (non necessarily "smooth")jazz,
American standards and Big Band.  It was probably this fare
that diarists heard when they wrote in WBOQ.

Apparently Bob Bitner still can't post to the B.R.I.G.,
(did anyone see CNBC's show on the AOL-Time Warner merger...AOL is floundering worse than the day's catch
at the Boston fish pier)
but he sent me a note that WBOQ's temporary rise may have been the result of WXKS-AM's switcherooo to Xmas toonz.  AM 1430 almost disappeared from sight in the last book.  Smart move CCU.