Re: Re:Re:Wired.com on Reversing Consolidation

<<On Thu, 09 Jan 2003 20:04:43 -0500, SteveOrdinetz <steveord@bit-net.com> said:

> But this begs the question of what "serving the needs of the community"
> really means.  Does it mean airing a scintillating interview with the COL's
> sewer commissioner at 6am on a Sunday?

I don't think so.  On the other hand, a commercial station that
regularly sells spot time for statewide political campaigns and issue
advocacy, but refuses to accept a market-rate advertisement from a
local candidate, would seem to me not to be serving the needs of its
community.

-GAWollman