Re:Re:Wired.com on Reversing Consolidation

If the rule is repealed it should allow Rupert Murdoch to reclaim the
Herald from Pat Purcell who is owner in name only as Rupert hold the
notes.

Most of these rules are shams anyways. The FCC has let Fox/Murdoch get
away with a lot over the years.... I need some time to calculate this
but at first glance Fox Television Stations appears to reach more than
the 35% limit of viewers ( course then again Fox is not a full time
network koff koff )

When channel 5 was under Herald Traveler control for the most part the
newsrooms were independent. The tv station kept the paper alive thru
revenue. Chuck pointed out the situation in Portland and in a one paper
market the possibilty of abuse is much greater. One can only shudder
what Manchester would have been like if Loeb had owned Channel 9