WGIR 610 AM very noisy after switch to night pattern/power

I noticed a couple of times last week that at 4:30/4:45 when WGIR 610 AM
Manchester NH switched to night power/pattern that their audio sounded
like hell. During the Dan Pierce talk show any words spoken with a little
bit of emphasis / (increased amplitude) caused the audio to have a
horrible buzzing component to it.
After several seconds of this you would get dead air (AND COLUMBUS OHIO
610). The pattern of bad audio then off the air continued several times,
both times I observed it. Switching to the parallel on 930 showed the
audio was just fine.

After a while it almost sounded like someone gave up and put the
transmitter back into daytime mode. (Could not tell for sure as I was just
outside of Manchester both times this happened and both day/night signals
would be very strong).

John
East Derry NH
N1QGS