Re: Herald article on DJs paid to promote diet product

Dave Faneuf writes:
> Boy, times certainly have changed at CBS,  back before the merger Black
> Rock issued a directive that NO ONE was to do product endorsements of
> this kind,  I specifically remember because one of the weight loss
> companies came into Oldies when we were still on Winter Street and put
> out a huge spread in the conference room to try to get one of us to agree
> to go on their plan for free in exchange for product endorsements on the
> air.

Which merger was this? :-) CBS/Westinghouse? CBS/Infinity? Or CBS/Viacom?
Your head spins when you think of all of them!

On a more serious note...who is really wearing the pants at CBS? Seems like
the Infinity people (i.e. Karmazin) have more power than the CBS people do
over anything, unless Uncle Sumner has taken full control.