Re: Herald article on DJs paid to promote diet product

On Mon, 6 Jan 2003 09:46:31 -0800 (PST) Bob Nelson
<raccoonradio@yahoo.com> writes:
> For some reason I couldn't find the story on their
> website, but the front page of today's Herald has an
> article on how hundreds of air personalities across
> the country, including WBZ's Paul Sullivan and WAAF's
> Lyndon Byers, were paid to promote a weight loss
> product called Body Solutions;

Boy, times certainly have changed at CBS,  back before the merger Black
Rock issued a directive that NO ONE was to do product endorsements of
this kind,  I specifically remember because one of the weight loss
companies came into Oldies when we were still on Winter Street and put
out a huge spread in the conference room to try to get one of us to agree
to go on their plan for free in exchange for product endorsements on the
air.
df