Re: Could it be....

On 5 Jan 2003 at 0:11, Garrett Wollman wrote:

> There are specific, historiographic reasons why they chose the
> boundary years they did; read the book to find out more.  These
> reasons drove them to recognize somewhat different years for the boom
> generation than birth statistics indicate for the baby boom itself.
> (Strauss and Howe also eschew the meaningless `X' and `Y' tags applied by
> contemporary mass media, for which I too have little use.)

I've never heard of the Baby Boom generation starting with birth year 1943.  In terms of
attitudes, I think that the "silent" generation continues through 1945.  The boundaries aren't
entirely exact, but as one born during the war in 1945, I definitely noticed a difference in
attitudes and styles in the class just behind mine, in high school, college, and law school.