Re: Clear Channel ends streaming broadcasts ... please explain

"Aaron 'Bishop' Read" penned:
>I recently heard that ASCAP  and BMI have agreed (for non->commercial
stations at least) that their standard AM/FM royalty licenses
>cover streaming on the web.   SESAC is next on the list although >SESAC
has been the most aggressive and obnoxious of the three in
>persuing stations that stream (Allston-Brighton Free Radio and
> WBRS have both gotten repeated nastygrams from SESAC until they
>coughed up

Several "major" artists - most notably Neil Diamond, Bob Dylan and Elmo
& Patsy took their composing rights to SESAC a few years ago.  Also,
Otherwise, ABFR and WBRS would have been in the clear as long as they
didn't play Convoy by C.W. McCall.

For a look at SESAC's agressiveness, check out this 11/28/02 article:

http://www.post-gazette.com/tv/20021128sesac1128fnp2.asp

(I wonder if Gary Rosen is related to Hillary?)

Roger