Weird choice by Channel 6

On Wednesday, Democrat John Baldacci will be
inagurated as Maine's Governor.  He replaces
Independent Angus King, who could not seek reelection
after two terms in office.

On Tuesday at 8:00 PM, WCSH is preempting NBC's prime
time lineup to run a news special looking back on
King's 8 years as Governor.  The promo for the show
makes it clear that the show is little more than a
puff piece and not much different than what has
recently been in the newspapers or covered during the
rgeular news coverage by the other TV stations.

Despite running this special, WCSH is not carrying the
new Governor's inaguration on Wednesday night  -- or
any special program on the new Governor.  It seems to
me that their viewers would be better served by WCSH
looking at what the new Govorner is going to do to
deal with the state's problems than look back at the
last eight years.  Or they could do both.

I do not think this has anything to do with
politically bias.  I think it is simply because King
is scene as charasmatic and interesting, and the
incoming Governor is, well, dull.  But that shouldn't
drive news coverage.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine