Re: Clear Channel ends streaming broadcasts ... please explain

Hi all,

I have always been a little confused about this issue. Can someone help me a
little? T
o start, I have always registered my and my band's songs with BMI, so it
interests me. Although, we have never gotten paid from BMI, probably because
we've never gotten a lot of airplay. But I do know people who do get paid.
My friend Roger's song was used as an ad bumper on NBC and he got a check
for $6. Hah!
However, it was my understanding that if a radio station pays the annual fee
to BMI, they can broadcast BMI songs over the airwaves. So, why can't they
broadcast on the Web?
At WMFO, we pay the fee annually and streamline as well. No one has said
jack to us. Is it because Clear Channel or whatever company DOESN'T pay the
BMI fee? I know that a club in Worcester would not allow bands to play
covers because BMI had visited them and told them not to play BMI registered
songs because they hadn't paid the fee.

For something so simple, this is so confusing!

Tony