Re: Amber Alert & WBZ

On Thu, 2 Jan 2003 15:49:32 -0500 "Tracy, Chris" <ctracy@whyn.com>
writes:

> Depending on the alert, it could take up to 15 minutes (or more) to
> be
> broadcast on the stations and it's not heard on all of the stations
> at the
> same time.
> Chris

This is my point, there is a delay in the transmission of the
information, there has to be unless the state develops a system that
breaks into programming of all stations simultaneously and that isn't
going to happen.
Regarding Aaron's comments about using EAS as a primary source of news,
or course not, but if you are on the bottom of the food chain outlined by
Chris then WBZ has a 15 minute head start.
df