Re: goodbye to 2002

At 11:52 PM 12/31/2002, Donna Halper wrote:
>Well, the NAB commissioned a survey, and big surprise, 78% of all
>respondents said they felt radio is doing a good job.  Meanwhile, I did a
>survey of my Emerson students and found that 60% don't listen to radio at
>all.  You tell me what it all means.  All I can say is that I wish all of
>you a happy and healthy 2003, and let's hope the world gets a bit more
>peaceful...

That's really two different questions, isn't it?   Sort of like Question 3
recently....voters approved Clean Elections by a 2-to-1 margin, but then
when asked if they wanted to pay for it with their taxes, rejected that
question 3-to-1.   Having a little training in statistics (required of all
psych majors at BU - and damn did I hate it :-)   I know that wording of
the question will near-totally determine the results of the answers.

I could think President Bush is doing a good job even though I never listen
to him, either.   Of course, in reality I do listen to him and I think he's
doing a lousy job, but that's my opinion and I think I've made my original
point.  :-)

Plus what demographics did the NAB study?  I'll bet it was heavier on the
35-55 crowd, and light on the youngin's...as the 13 to, oh say 30, crowd is
far more likely to be more driven to computers, MP3's, etc etc etc.

Aaron "Bishop" Read     aread@speakeasy.net
FriedBagels Technical Consulting / Boston, MA
www.friedbagels.com   AOL-IM: ReadAaron