NPR New Years Special

On the way home from work tonight, I was listening to the annual NPR
New Years jazz special, a.k.a. Toast of the Nation.  Just as they
were going into the countdown to midnight, WGBH cut in with a local
station break.

What a bunch of dorks!

My observation among local NPR affiliates that I could hear is that
the NPR special was being carried by WGBH, Maine Public Radio,
Vermont Public Radio and WFCR.  NHPR and WBUR had their usual BBC
programming (all depressing, all the time!).  And WICN was airing
other jazz programming.
--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH