Re: Gene Simmons, KISS, WBUR, Fresh Air

At 01:42 PM 12/30/2002, Dave Faneuf wrote:

>On Mon, 30 Dec 2002 10:26:39 -0800 (PST) Cooper Fox <fox893@yahoo.com>
>writes:
> > Is this an older interview?  From late 2001 or early
> > 2002?  If it is I think I remember hearing about this
> > one...
> >
>I was recorded in 2002 I don't recall when, I am somewhat surprised they
>decided to rebroadcast it, I know they reaired the interview on Fresh Air
>Weekend the weekend after the show initially was broadcast because of the
>volume of requests to hear it,  apparently it caused a lot of talk
>outside NPR and people who normally wouldn't listen to Fresh Air asked to
>hear it.  But as for why they picked this show for Terri's vacation, I
>guess you can email Fresh Air at WHYY and ask.
>df

Dave - wasn't Gene Simmons also one of a couple of guests on The Connection
or OnPoint a few months after the Fresh Air "debacle"?   I seem to remember
the host thanking Gene for coming back to NPR after the spat and Gene made
it very clear that he wasn't offended at all by the interview - the whole
thing was just part of his persona as a performer.   I think it was a WBUR
show...as in it wasn't Talk of the Nation.

Aaron "Bishop" Read     aread@speakeasy.net
FriedBagels Technical Consulting / Boston, MA
www.friedbagels.com   AOL-IM: ReadAaron