Re:Amber Alert

--- Dave Faneuf <tklaundry@juno.com> wrote:
> I have not received any instruction on how the Amber
> Alert system, that is supposed to be in operation in
> Massachusetts, works.

The way the Maine system was explained in news reports
was that law enforcement and broadcasters worked
together on the standards for activation and the State
Police will be the agency given the authority to
activate the system.  When the system is activated,
all stations will be required to carry the alert, like
an EAS alert.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine