RE: Phil Hendrie

Bill O wrote (after making fun of my naked cookies...whatever they are... and
with a nod to Dave Barry, "My Naked Cookies" would make a great name for a rock
band.)
>>(snip)For anyone who's ever done up half a bit pre-show and then went up
against it live can truly appreciate playing both parts in real-time.  I notice
that if he sets up a bit and it seems to be bombing, he just bails and
something else, later.
Is Phil in any major markets? Any live?>>

i'm in agreement with a few of our legion that Phil does cross that gray area
and venture into the blue or slightly-over-the-line, such as my previous
objection of making light of the issue of child abduction and turning it into a
farcical look at racial issues.
  but on the whole, his "art" is indeed a well-executed one.  and as far as the
inquiries as to "why" people who don't get the joke keep calling the man's
show... on average, most "average" radio listeners have no clue. (see previous
thread about LAW BREAKING COLLEGE STATIONS!!! without "personalities")  i truly
find that the average listener does not think things through.
1) "can i ask you a question?"  well, honey, you just did.
2) variation on #1 "can i make a request?"
3) (re: #2... "well?  will you play it?")  request is the operative word; not
guarantee.

yes, they listen to Phil.  and they occasionally get caught up in the spirit of
the thing.

when is his show "live?"  i know in Portland, they carry it 10am to Noon, on
970 WZAN.

- -Chuck (in an exclusive gated community where naked radio listening is
considered weird but almost acceptable) Igo