Re: Phil Hendrie

From: "Bill O'Neill" <billo@shoreham.net>

> Dan writes: I don't think
> > Hendrie does that.  I think his humor is often at the
> > expense of people and is mean spirited and not
> > terribly cleaver.
>
> The word "reckless" comes to mind.  A PD's nightmare of a loose
> cannon.  He used the word a##hole in a bit a number of times that
> started off almost as a slip and then he perpetuated it.  Not
> something to have on in the family filled kitchen.

I haven't seen much "mean-spiritedness" is his act.

If anything...he made fun of the guy who walks naked around the house.

And quite often...parody is a better means of making a point than a boring
diatribe.  People have used humor, parody, cartoons, etc...for all sorts of
serious subjects.  Parody sometimes brings insight.  (Who's that guy who
sings funny politcal parody on the piano?  Ch 2 used to feature him a lot.
Richard LEderer?)

And, some shows are just not meant for the family filed kitchen.

Would you have Howie Carr on in the kithcen while serving the kids
after-school cookies and milk?

JP