Phil Hendrie

Most of us here have "the curse" as I call it, not able to actually
"listen" to radio since we're so busy "analyzing" it.  Just caught
on to the Phil Hendrie Show.  (live 4-7 t/d on WXZO (7-10p) I know
he's been on awhile and discussed here before, but lately been
putting in a lot of evening work at the desk.  Can't remember the
last time I laughed out loud as much.  His deal is he plays host and
occasional contrary characters, playing both roles in real-time,
often rapid-fire.  (He drops in disclaimers but they don't seem to
work for those who are suggestable.) Torqued-off unsuspecting
listeners hammer-in and become the story.  His is a parody of the
radio business but done in a way that demonstrates his respect for
its potential.  Some of his "comedy gold" or replays are great, as
well. He does a biting Tom Leykis impression, not so much dead-on
voice but he has him down.  Some of his stuff goes a darker blue
than I'd go in PM drive, but otherwise, a fun listen.

Bill O'Neill