RE: RE: WMWM taking a week off...

At 10:25 PM 12/19/2002, Bill O'Neill wrote:
>Sid writes:
> > Non-comm FM's licensed to schools are allowed by FCC
> > rules to go silent during weekends and school vacation
> > periods without incurring either shared-time obligations
> > or any other penalty.
>
>When did that rule take effect?  Was certainly not the case in the
>past.
>
>Bill O'Neill

It's been around for as long as I've been really "in-depth aware" of FCC
rules...which, admittedly, is only a few years.  :-)

Part 73.561
http://www.hallikainen.com/cgi-bin/section.pl?section=73.561

     (a) All noncommercial educational FM stations will be licensed for
unlimited time operation except those stations operating under a time
sharing arrangement. All noncommercial educational FM stations are
required to operate at least 36 hours per week, consisting of at least 5
hours of operation per day on at least 6 days of the week; however,
stations licensed to educational institutions are not required to
operate on Saturday or Sunday or to observe the minimum operating
requirements during those days designated on the official school
calendar as vacation or recess periods.

Aaron "Bishop" Read       aread@speakeasy.net
Fried Bagels Consulting   www.friedbagels.com
AOL-IM: ReadAaron         Brighton, MA 02135