RE: WILD Sign-offs??

Eli Polonsky wrote:

>Nope, I live in Somerville, just a couple of miles from WILD's Medford TX,
>and I can listen to the daytime 5000 watt AM stereo signal until 4:15, and
>then the 1000 watt mono "PSSA" signal still loud and fairly clear until
>it simply just cuts out in mid-program at 4:45.

Well that sure sounds bush league.  Do they just leave their automation
running programming 24/7 so no one has to change anything when sign on/off
times change each month?  How about mornings...does the carrier just come
on in the middle of a song/spot/whatever?  Does their programming still
originate locally or are they running a satellite format now?

I remember in the early 70s them using something they referred to as the
"Black National Anthem" at sign off.  Some stations used to be quite
creative with sign-off formats...now you're lucky if they even ID!