Cable commission

I got this email today from Senator Pam Resor that I thought I would
share
DF

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE DATE: December 9, 2002

CONTACT: Katie Mullahy-Quinn PHONE: (617) 722-1120

RESOR APPOINTED TO CABLE COMMISSION

BOSTON- State Senator Pamela Resor (D-Acton) is pleased to announce that
she has been appointed to a 14-member special commission charged with
conducting a study relative to the adequacy and effectiveness of existing
cable licensing operators and the commonwealth’s oversight in meeting the
needs of Massachusetts’ residents.

"Primarily this commission was established after meeting with
constituents in my district who raised several concerns regarding the
cable television industry including the lack of cable internet access,
recent and upcoming cable mergers and various issues pertaining to
customer service" said Resor. "Although some of these issues that were
originally raised to me are currently being rectified, I saw that there
was a definite need for more examination into these issues. Modifications
to our current system may need to be made in order to remedy them. I look
forward to working in conjunction with state, municipal and cable
industry professionals in this worthwhile endeavor".

The Commission is made up of appointees from the House and Senate, local
cable advisory members, a representative from the cable industry, from
Mass Municipal, from Mass Technology Collaborative, from the Department
of Telecommunications and Energy, and the Attorney General.