Re:RE: Cellphones while driving - article in Boston Herald

---------- "Roger Kirk" <rogerkirk@ttlc.net> writes:
>Martha Stewart (or someone who like her) says on her Cell Phone >Responsibility ad (sponsored by the National Cell Phone Org...?) "many >states already have laws prohibiting distracted driving."
>Roger

Actually the City of Brookline tried to ban cellphone use in moving motor vehicles but ran smack into a state law sponsored by then Senator Sharon Pollars (current Mayor of Methuen). It was passed during the CB Radio fad.  Prior to the CB Radio law being passed the MV regulations stated you needed both hands on the wheel.  That was amended so that CB operators would not be in violation of the law in Mass.  I supposed the 2 hands on the wheel would also mean no more commuter cups o joe in the morning.....unthinkable!!!!

df