From: owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
[mailto:owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org]On Behalf Of Tony
Randazzo
Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2002 7:01 PM
To: bri@bostonradio.org
Subject: Re: Christmas Music in Central Maine

--- Cooper Fox <fox893@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I heard this on radio-info.com a couple days ago and
> just saw it mentioned in All Access' news report...
> WKSQ-Ellesworth(Kiss 94.5) has gone all Christmas.
> Anyone get the impression that they're stunting for
> new format?  Why else would they roll into all
> Christmas music so early?  But, then again, Mike and
> Mike are still a very strong morning show.....  Or
> have things changed since I have been gone?  Any
> thoughts?

Another station that has gone all chrismas...92.9
WEZQ, a soft rock station owned by Cumbulus.  Could
both of these stations be switching formats?  I wonder
what the chances are that both companies have the
exact same idea for a new format and not realize it?
It seems to me that both stations were doing ok with
thier current formats, and if they do change, what
could it be to?  Just about every format that exists
in radio is already well covered in Eastern Maine,
except for maybe Urban and Alternative Rock, but those
formats would never succeed in a market like Bangor.
Maybe they think advertisers will like the idea of
being on an all chrismas music station...we shall see
in January

Tony Randazzo
100.3 WKIT