Re:Re: Why WMTW will always be third

Dan wrote:
>I would agree with you but most of the local TV
>newscasts these days are full of lifestyle stories.
>There is little hard news to begin with.  The storm
>coverage is more substantive than the features it
>usually displaces.

Dave writes:
Coverage, or lack of it does not mean there is little hard news to begin with, just means the station choses not to cover what most of us would consider hard news.

Dan writes:
>As for WMTW's choices last night: This was the first
>storm of the season.  The conditions varied greatly
>from place to place and the forecast for Monday
>morning commuting was questionable.  WCSH covered all
>those angles, plus news of storm related car accidents
>and typical soft news stories about how people were
>dealing with the first storm.  It was not terribly
>substantive but it was the story that most people were
>interested in last night.

Dave writes:
I've got no problem with storm coverage as such, just with storm newscasts in New England.  If this were South Texas and this past storm hit I would expect and demand wall to wall coverage complete with Mike Dukakis' sweater ;-).