Re: Why WMTW will always be third

--- Dave Faneuf <tklaundry@juno.com> wrote:
> The thing about storm coverage on TV and the few
> radio stations still
> doing news baffles me.  We get snow, if there are
> power outages fine
> mention them even do a liveshot from a highway or
> hills of Worcester
> County to show the flakes falling, but guess what,
> this is New England,
> it snows here...
> df

I would agree with you but most of the local TV
newscasts these days are full of lifestyle stories.
There is little hard news to begin with.  The storm
coverage is more substantive than the features it
usually displaces.

As for WMTW's choices last night: This was the first
storm of the season.  The conditions varied greatly
from place to place and the forecast for Monday
morning commuting was questionable.  WCSH covered all
those angles, plus news of storm related car accidents
and typical soft news stories about how people were
dealing with the first storm.  It was not terribly
substantive but it was the story that most people were
interested in last night.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine