Re: Why WMTW will always be third

On Sun, 17 Nov 2002 20:23:41 -0800 (PST) Dan Billings
<billingsdan@yahoo.com> writes:
> During the 11PM News, WMTW spent only 3 minutes on
> coverage of the first storm of the season.  They then
> moved into national coverage.
>
> #1 rated WCSH spent 7 minutes on the storm.  They then
> did 3 minutes of other news, with the only national
> news in the first segment being the attempted
> high-jacking in Israel.  They'll go back to more
> national news later in the show.
>
> Now I'm not saying that storm coverage is hard news or
> really the most important thing going on, but it is
> the first storm of the season and it is what most
> people are interested in tonight.
>
> WCSH also knows that people have lots of other places
> to get national news, but very few places to get local
> news so they lead with what they do best.
>
> The people at WMTW are just clueless.
>
> -- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine

The thing about storm coverage on TV and the few radio stations still
doing news baffles me.  We get snow, if there are power outages fine
mention them even do a liveshot from a highway or hills of Worcester
County to show the flakes falling, but guess what, this is New England,
it snows here...
df