Re: XM Receivers

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sven Franklyn Weil" <sven@gordsven.com>
> The easiest option is to get Sony's add-on box and use the dummy cassette
> adapter (like playing a CD player through your cassette deck) or (if you
> can) the RCA line jacks.  That way you can also take the XM tuner and plug
> it into your home stereo.
>
> The antenna for the Sony is sold separately.  Don't ask why....I think
> it's a racket...imagine selling a boombox where you have to buy a separate
> antenna!

As an audio person, the concept of taking this pure clean signal and running
it through a cassette adapter defeats the whole purpose of the thing.  I
find the idea of the FM adapter equally as silly.  Using the RCA's is the
only way that I'd consider.

The antennas for these units aren't made by the radio manufacturers.  All of
the antennas that I've seen are third party.  There are a couple of
different options on these that I've found.

Brian Vita, President
Cinema Service & Supply, Inc.
75 Walnut St.
Peabody, MA  01960-5626 USA