Re: Dick Summer WBZ

In a message dated Tue, 05 Nov 2002 11:28:34 +0000, Dan.Strassberg@att.net writes:

>One of the
> items was a piece that Dick Summer claims to have authored and which Summer
> used repeatedly on his WBZ program back in the '60s. Anyone who called, got
> through, and recited the part that included 1, 2 and 3, became eligible to win
> a movie pass. Anyone who could recite the entire piece would automatically win.
> At no point in my life was I ever able to recite the entire thing, but back in
> the late '60s, I had learned most of it. Old age is catching up with me,
> though; this morning I couldn't even remember the first item (the item that
> contains 1).

Here it is:

One hen, two ducks, three squawking geese, four corpulent porpoises, five Limerick oysters, 6 pairs of Don Alberzo's tweezers...7000 Macedonians in full battle array. 8 brass monkeys from the ancient sacred crypts of Egypt, 9 apathetic sympathetic diabetical men on roller saktes with a marked propensity for procrastination and sloth. 10 lyrical, shperical, diabolical denizens of the deep who all...stall around the corner of the quo of the quay of the queasy at the very same time.  Toot, toot.