Re: Political ads with phone numbers

Counselor Ross noted in response to a later-than-desired evening phone call
from a Senate candidate received at my house:
> And sometimes the opposition can make calls like that as a "dirty trick." <

in this case, my call to the campaign office confirmed the call was theirs
(recorded call to our house was the candidate herself...) and the campaign
worker answering the phone when i called was totally unprepared to provide an
adequate response even closely resembling contrition.

and as i forgot to cc the list on the previous question about the calls to our
house from Stockard Channing...

1st call was to remind the absentee voter in our house to remember to send in
the ballot in a timely fashion.  (odd that our phone number and the ballot
request for the away-from-home student would fall into the hands of
Ms.Channing, but at least now Ms.Channing has my phone number....)

2nd call (Sunday evening) was to remember to vote on Tuesday.  i'll admit to
deleting the message before its completion of playback as i was unable to
listen to the message privately and was afraid that the expression of her true
feelings for me might be audible to the other household members.

delusions aside... i do not recall any urging to vote one side of the ticket or
the other.  or the middle.  or the back.  just the vote part.

- -Chuck Igo