Re: WWZN adds programming

Was this before or after the demise of the country format on 1330--then known
as WDLW? My recollection of country on 1330 is that it began either in the late
70s or early 80s and lasted quite a while. Before country, 1330 was standards
WHET. I know that the standards format was running in the summer of 1977 when
the two-tower DA with 300' top-loaded towers replaced the old three-tower DA,
which used 200' non-top-loaded towers. Between the better pattern and the more
efficient antenna system the signal northwest of Boston improved big-time.
(Except that 1330 in New York began transmitting full-time from Staten Island
at that time and the nighttime interference intensified to a horrendous extent,
but that situation improved enormously when the New York signal was moved north
to the WWDJ site in Hackensack. The new pattern dramatically reduced radiation
toward Boston.) Before it was WHET, 1330 was WCRB (AM). I think that the
station's WCRB days must have ended around 1975.
--
dan.strassberg@att.net
617-558-4205