Re: Mega Sells WARE

Garrett is correct. I didn't say Polka. I guess that a lot of people might
equate the idea of a Polish format with polkas but I'd be willing to bet that,
even in Poland, you don't hear a lot of Polkas on the radio. My guess is that
PolNet runs a mix of news and right-wing talk--like most of the rest of US AM--
except in Polish.

Sounds as if you would have about as much luck listening to WARE from your QTH
as you would receiving WNVR 1030. However, if you want to hear what the 24/7
Polish talk format sounds like, with a good radio, a lot of patience, and a lot
of luck, you might be able to pick up WLIM 1580 in (I think) Patchogue LI just
before it powers down for the night. I've never heard any of the PolNet
stations, although I picked up WLIM on several late afternoons back before
PolNet bought it. Back then, WLIM carried a NOS format. WQEW 1560 was also NOS
then, and I thought I was listening to WQEW until I heard a commercial or an
ID. WLIM is directional and runs 10 kW-D/5 kW-CH and some flea power at night
(1580 is a Canadian clear channel). I don't recall what the directional
patterns look like, but apparently there is enough daytime signal to the north
to sometimes make the station audible here near sunset.

--
dan.strassberg@att.net
617-558-4205